TENNIS CLINICS FAQ
Most frequent questions and answers
1) Text Andrew at (562) 250-4965 (1-2 days ahead of time) for the day/date you want to sign up for.
Make sure include all the necessary details in your text ( Full name, Playing Level, Day/Date of clinic)
2) Show up at the courts, pay $20 (Cash please) to the coach in charge and enjoy your tennis!
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 for your next clinic!
No, there is no match play in the clinics. We will be doing drills and playing fast paced games to improve your skills. All drills are on 2 on 2 format so in that sense the clinics are more doubles play then singles. However, there won’t be any serving or match play.
Please check out the video above.
Of all the descriptions of player levels — from “A, B and C” to “beginner, intermediate, advanced” — the best system was developed bv the U.S. Tennis Association in 1979. The USTA defines player levels on a scale from 1.0 to 7.0 in its National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP). A condensed version appears below. Take a few moments to determine your likely playing level.
3.5 Has achieved improved stroke dependability with directional control on moderate shots, but still lacks depth and variety. Starting to exhibit more aggressive net play, has improved court coverage and is developing teamwork in doubles.
4.0 Has dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both forehand and backhand sides on moderate shots, plus the ability to use lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys with some success. Occasionally forces errors when serving and teamwork in doubles is evident. Rallies may be lost due to impatience.
4.5 Starting to master the use of power and spins and beginning to handle pace, has sound footwork, can control depth of shots and is beginning to vary game plan according to opponents. Can hit first serves with power and accuracy and place the second serve. Tends to overhit on difficult shots. Aggressive net play is common in doubles.
If you signed up for a clinic and need to cancel please text Andrew at (562) 250-4965 to do so.
- If you cancel ahead of time (4 or more hours before clinic start time) you will not be charged
- Example: Clinic starts at 7pm. Cancel by 3pm. Sooner the better!
- If you cancel late (less than 4 hours before clinic start time) you will be charged full price of the clinic.